Pulte Homes - Water softener plumbing

We are in the process of building a new home In Ocala, FL at Stone Creek.The home is being built by Pulte Homes.

We paid extra to have the house plumbed for a water softener. Let me first state that the house is now three months behind schedule. We noticed approximately a month ago that water softener pipes had been installed incorrectly. It was apparent that Pulte Homes forgot to install them in the first place and then decided to add them as an afterthought.

The pipes were installed on the side of the garage that impedes a service door to the attic to open all the way. In addition, once you would actually install a water softener unit it would stick out far enough in the garage so that you could not put two cars in a two car garage. We have pointed this out in person, in writing

and with pictures.

The only responses that we have gotten from Pulte Homes to date is that the design of the house did not have plans specific enough for the water softener (even though it was a listed option that we paid extra for) and to say that they will deliver us a livable home but it will not be perfect.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Unsatisfactory in all aspects

Reason of review:
Pretty much all of the above!
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Pulte Homes Home Construction
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #772349 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pulte Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 10 #1109960

Great thank you that's what we are thinking of doing also only if we can get our money back

Feb 10 #1109927

Same experience here in Tampa Bay. I have about report 17 pages with defects and much more. They lied every chance they got. Glad I pulled out before closing. Pulte is THE worst company I have dealt with.

Jan 24 #1100018

Pulte has now told us that they will "resolve the issue" but they don't know how yet. That remains to be seen. Do NOT trust Pulte Homes. We have documented all of our conversations in writing and also recorded many phone conversations. What you receive in return our constant LIES!!

1 0 Reply

Feb 10 #1109486

careful. recording conversations is illegal without consent.

Feb 10 #1109501

If you don't want to be recorded don't call my phone. And by the way Pulte has known for most of the time that we've been recording Conversations.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.