Pulte Homes - Vinyl Siding is Melting on my house

I purchased my home in January 2012 and the vinyl siding on the left side of my home is melting.The builder Pulte refuse to come out and replace the vinyl siding.

They are saying its not covered under the warranty. I called the warranty and was told the builder is responsible for replacing the siding. i called the builder personally and was told rduwarranty would handle any concerns regarding the vinyl siding. Both warranty departments are pointing fingers at each other.

How much would it take for the builder to come out and replace the vinyl siding.

This is a nightmare.I have to the point of tears and unavailable to sleep or eat.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 31 No 31
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 06, 2015 #1016663

A builder has to give you a one year warranty on workmen ship
and a 10 year on Structural issues! Which means your siding from your pictures looks like a manufactures defect and see what company made the siding and contact them,most of the time they
will send a rep.out and if its their problem they will fix it,But if it was install wrong they will put it in writing for you to show Pulte
and then call the FTC and get them involved it the warranty claim!

Aug 06, 2015 #1016658 Melbourne, Florida

What all you need to do is call the FTC COMMISSION, I worked
in the building industry and was a supervisor in building
and warranty Department for different builders. I have seen really bad workman ship and usually its all because of the supervision on the job,and most have no idea what they are doing they got there jobs by who they knew rather that what they knew! Just call the warranty department and tell them you want answer's then let them know you are doing a follow up call to the FTC they have so many days to fix the work or will be fined,then ask the FTC to do a audit of there warranty department! Bet that will get you answers!

May 21, 2015 #987194

It is not a problem with the siding. It is the WINDOWS. They are NOT FLAT. Replacing them with new ones, and replacing the siding will cause the identical problem. You need to get the window supplier to deliver a truly FLAT window. The reflective thing is not a problem IF the window is FLAT. Pulte in MN knows this. They replaced a bunch of ours twice, before they started demanding FLAT windows from the windows maker. Got it?

Jan 23, 2013 #597609 Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks for your feedback! We have reached the local office and found the issue to be resolved. We hope you will come to Pulte any time you may be experiencing trouble with your home so that we can have the opportunity to make it right! Have a great day.

Sep 14 #1212535 Charlotte, North Carolina

Pulte Homes what is your contact info??? MANY of my neighbors including myself are having this issue in our new development in Bluffton, South Caroline. NO ONE from Pulte will even come out to look at it! It is a shame they do not care now that the development is fully filled out and all the homes are sold.
PLEASE email me w.bates45@yahoo.Com
Subject "Pulte Siding Issues"
Greatly Appreciate it!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pulte Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pulte Homes.
Filing a new complaint about