Turnaround Time

Our house was supposed to be delivered 05/08/2017.They cancelled it saying there no appliances.

Our lender had to reschedule the bank appraisal three times. The appraisal took three attempts to complete their report. Pulte promised to reimburse hotel and storage up to June 13 with a cap for hotel but have not committed to reimburse us up to close of escrow. Our close of escrow depends on how many change order the builder wishes.

Up until today, we have not moved in because Pulte delayed delivering the appliances causing a wave effect, delaying also the Bank for funding and not disclosing properly the items in their Change Order. We did a walk thru on June 16 but did not received confirmation that Pulte will reimburse us for the period they have not delivered the home. We've tried reaching the mangement to no avail and we are not sure if Pulte will confirm our reimbursement. Our bank had charged us for our loan rate lock extension and notified us for another fee after 15 days.

The condition of the house was unsatisfactory. They installed appliances that were not specified as our upgrades. They put a double oven when we ask for a microwave oven the oven. Our backsplash are not installed up to the top, we paid for $ 3k just for the backsplash.

They have not yet installed the Kitchen hood when the Bank did their second appraisal. In general, it looked like they brought in trainees to put the house together. Their sales department sucks - they do not reply in time and routinely ignore customer issues. It's just business for them just to keep selling even if they are swamped with mounting issues.

Very disappointed considering the name Pulte is a known builder.We are buyers at Sprendrift - Hayward.

Review about: Pulte Homes House Construction.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Sales staff.

I didn't like: Would never purchase another home built by pulte, Pulte staff attitude, Cheap construction, Buyers like us undergoes unreasonable delays, Buyers bears the cost of builders neglect, Buyers burdened by rising living expenses, Disruptions caused by builder not complying.

Had an Experience with Pulte Homes?

Comments

Contract clause forbids withdrawing our initial deposit.

We're committed up to close of escrow.

Don't be fooled by sales pitches and builder promises. All angles in the contract favors the builder.

Yikes, sounds terrible! Since it was that horrible before closing, I assume you didn't actually purchase the house?