Florham Park, New Jersey

There have been various issues with my Pulte money-pit. When I first bought my house 5 years ago, during the walk through I had to fight for them to fix siding which was cracked and warped. As other people have stated, my windows have condensation buildup, especially in the bathroom. As others again, the whole house is drafty, we require blankets to just to sit around and the heat is turned up to 72 degrees. Even with additional caulking of the windows and weather-stripping the heat just escapes from my house. Then when the window breaks there is no one to fix the problem, no number to call, no one calls back from the construction number they provided. I have a bad garage door where water settles in my garage if it rains or I turn my sprinklers on, again they could not fix the garage door thought it was a problem I stated on the walk through. Last winter, I had SNOW in my attic. A section of outside wall below the roof had a huge hole and icing formed leaving water spots throughout my ceiling. After complaining to three supervisors did this issue get resolved. They told me at first it was water build-up cause of moisture from the bathroom, what are you kidding me!

In addition, my floor has been warping on the second floor; an actual piece of furniture is sloping. I will have to rip up the carpet, replace the floor, and then reinstall new carpet. The same is happening on the first floor where the floor is rising, I was told due to settling, I don't believe it. You should see the shims all over the basement. Speaking of basements, I had my air ducts cleaned last month for winter time, when the company highly recommended got to cleaning the actual furnace and cold air register, they were shocked there was insulation inside of both. They stated this was definitely against code since fires could start from the inside; I had them remove the insulation. Another issue with the basement is the mandatory crack they had to put in the wall was never repaired. Yet, the crack doesn't leave is ¼ inch at its max and fairly deep. This I had resolve by myself as well….the problems just seem to keep c

As stated by others, I will NEVER buy another Pulte home and will tell others NEVER to buy Pulte since the quality is not up to standard. If I knew about all of the problems Pulte had before I bought this house, I would have definitely ran away, left my deposit and would not have worried about it. This is a poorly ran company no matter what anyone says. I am ashamed to live here and even more ashamed I have to raise a child in this house. I WILL move the first chance I get just hoping someone would buy this house.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pulte Homes House Construction.

Comments