2.0
Turnaround Time

Numerous things were wrong with the house.The refrigerator had been stolen before closing, Pulte who I financed through had lost the down payment (I had a confirmation #).

A/C was drained improperly, the water heater had two bad connections, the smoke alarms all had to be replaced, crack in the bathroom tile grout, leaky bathroom window twice, insecure hinges on back door, crack in ceiling and wall, nail pops, poor exterior paint job with obvious spots, entry way sidewalk two distinct colors, crooked outlet boxes, chipped master vanity, spaces outside that should have been caulked, granite counter top not pieces not level at the joint, hole in patio, poor yard drainage, entry porch patched in 3 places which fell out 3 times. The process to get all this repaired was a nightmare taking two years. Often those sent to do the repairs weren't even sure what they were there for. Eventually the sidewalk was replaced twice after being scheduled and rescheduled multiple times and with Pulte reneging once on their agreement to replace it until I showed I was prepared to go to mediation.

The exterior paint spots on the northside were "fixed" by indiscrimantely touching up all around the house creating 60 spots instead of the original 12. Often the repairs made the problems worse. I ended up redoing 3 patches and supplying them long enough screws to repair the nail pops after their first attempt failed. I then patched it myself to avoid another giant patch.

After nearly two years I was told I get upset easily, to stop saying it's been 22 months, and was told things like the two tone sidewalk and failed attempt resulting in a sidewalk covered in black spots, and the spotted exterior house paint were all just aesthethic as if I should accept it. In addition I was told that the black spotted sidewalk was natural variation in concrete color. I was told that they were doing me a favor by making my $300,000 house and sidewalk acceptable. Pulte will get by as cheaply as possible, will lie repeatedly and could care less about quality.

I am not the only one I know of with these problems and opinion of Pulte. I know someone who had a leak in her ceiling and all they did the first time was patch and paint the spot made. It took a minimum of 5 times to find and fix the leak in the roof. Another person has an air conditioner that is not adequate.

He has the same floor plan as I do, but he has a second story, and my A/C unit is bigger. And good luck trying to find out who someone's supervisor is. After much research I finally found out who's mine was, but the messages I leave go unanswered and the emails I send evidently go to the spam file. I just wanted to let someone know what was going on and then would have been done with them, but sofar I'm having no luck.

Be ready for incompetence, no quality assurance, to be lied to, to be treated as a fool and to have no luck communicating to a superior.Go to link for pictures, emails, and other text documents https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yo1DYsl8RuOHNIMHlaRzN6dWs

Review about: Pulte Homes House Repair.

Preferred solution: Train your staff in communication, quality assurance, and prevent this from happening to anyone else. I tried to pass this information on to Pulte, but was calls were ignored and emails went to spam..

I liked: Floor plan, Lot, Community amenities.

I didn't like: Length of time to settle issues, Pulte staff attitude, Need to keep detailed records to prove issues.

Had an Experience with Pulte Homes?

Comments

Acworth, Georgia, United States #1305256

Folks, I've been in this business over 40 years.

I've watched the quality fade over those years down to its current state.

Read the complaint reviews on any major national builder,.You can't tell the difference if you don't know what builder your reading about at the time.

And skilled labor, pride in workmanship?

I rarely see it anymore, and don't expect to anytime soon.

These are the available labor sources, producing exactly what the complaints are about.And we all know it.