These photos show the shoddy roof construction at my former Pulte-built house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.
When the roofers doing the repair arrived, one said "another valley" as he got out of the truck. Turns out that one of Pulte's roofers, that installed the original roof on my house, and scores of other houses, overlapped the shingles between a large section of the roof and a small section in the wrong direction. The roofer that did the repair also pointed out numerous nails that Pulte's original roofer drove in the valley between the two roof sections. They said that nails shouldn't be driven within one foot of the bottom of the valley where the two sections join. The roofer that did the repair installed a rubber membrane in the valley between these two sections, something that was lacking in the original roof construction. It was only after fixing scores of leaking roofs that Pulte realized that one of its roofers was building the roofs incorrectly. Where was Pulte when these original roofs were being built? Where was Pulte's quality control? Answer: there was none.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Roof Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I spent several thousand jobs painting my house after moving in. However, in just 6 months I had issues with nails and bumps in my drywall. I reported these defects..."
- "Poor workmanship,paid $900 extra for a patio wit cracks running through every block. Hasn't been fixed, put off since last Febuary..."
- "My porch rotted due to poor draining from drains which where poorly unsalted...."
- "I watch Fox News day in and day out. I used to like Megan Kelly and Shep. But, I realize that they must be liberals..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."