5012 W Yoosooni Dr, New River, AZ 85087

I own a Pulte home in Phoenix. It is 8 years old.

Over the past few months, I have developed numerous cracks in ceilings and walls, doors that stick or will not latch, cracked tiles, walls and ceilings separating. Pulte takes a “so sad, too bad” attitude despite their warranty saying they cover foundation and trusses for ten years. Basically, unless the ceiling or walls are caving in, Pulte doesn’t care.

It is going to cost me over $50,000 just to repair the fountain. I think I also may have issues with the trusses but can only afford to get one thing fixed at a time.

I have lived in various other homes, and NEVER had problems, not even in PA where mine subsidence is an issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pulte Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

ObservantToucan

Did you hire an independent home inspector ? We are having issues with our 6 month old house (since the first month) and nothing ever gets resolved fully or I am told it’s normal. We had major cracks in walls, ceilings, all corner bead was exposed.

I am convinced that buying a home today from one of these big builders is a big mistake. I understand that there are some buyers that pick on small imperfections.

But then there are others like myself who had some serious issues with a brand new Ryan home that I kept for 4 years before selling it. Although the company responded to repairs within my one year warranty. It was the continual breakdowns and out of pocket expenses which prompted me to sell. After the warranty I has the following breakdowns.

The refrigerator and dishwasher both needed to be replaced. Repairs were more costly than new ones which makes me believe they were refurbished but sold as new. Who has a compressor go and dishwasher motor go in 2 years? Siding came loose and buckled on house.

Shingles from day one always blew off of the roof on windy days. Had 4 leaks in the basement from walls continually cracking and one in the garage. The garage door key pad went bad. The front doorbell shorted out.

The heating and AC broke down 7 times. Several sprinkler heads required replacing as they stopped rotating. Never had this many problems and replacements in another home that I had owned!

If I included the shoddy workmanship. This list would go on and on.