Cracked foundation slabs in Pulte Homes' houses
These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.
Photo 1 shows what happens when concrete foundation slabs crack and water under the slab seeps up through cracks to the wood floor above. Why do concrete foundation slabs crack? Because there's no steel reinforcement in them, and because they're poured on fill dirt that hasn't been properly compacted.
Photo 2 shows the plastic vapor barrier that is supposed to be under the concrete foundation slab, but instead, is sticking out of the top of the slab, causing the crack. Why is the plastic vapor barrier poking out through the top of the slab? shoddy construction.
Photo 3 is a close-up of the plastic vapor barrier sticking through the top of the concrete foundation slab, causing the crack.
Photo 4 is a close-up of the same crack taken from a different spot . The carpet hid this crack. A wood floor might hide it (as long as ground water doesn't come up through it); but, a ceramic tile floor won't hide it; the crack will reflect up through the tile and/or grout, and, voila, you have a crack in your ceramic tile floor.
Many, many Pulte houses at Sun City Hilton Head, SC have cracked foundation slabs, and resulting cracks in ceramic tile floors. SHODDY!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Crack In The Foundation Slab
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Poor workmanship,paid $900 extra for a patio wit cracks running through every block. Hasn't been fixed, put off since last Febuary..."
- "My husband and myself are currently having a home built by Pulte in the community of Anthem in Florence AZ. The builders are great, but be careful when you get..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "I watch Fox News day in and day out. I used to like Megan Kelly and Shep. But, I realize that they must be liberals..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "Paid £150 through my contents insurance for repair. Screen fell out after they repaired it. Sent it back, they lost it in the post room for weeks, then said I..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."