Pulte Homes - Concealed defect; 4" deep cracks in slabs covered up.

One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done.Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall.

Contacted Pulte, Charles came out to look at the cracks and said that the 2 years warranty has expired, and they can't do anything. What a *** response. This is a new construction and we're at our 4th year. Who in the right of mind would pull the carpet up to see what's happening at the slab?

What is worse is that this is clearly a concealed defect.

The paint of the two concrete are different and a pad has been placed beneath the carpet to cover the unevenness. The worst part is that there is a 4" deep void between the slab and the wall. We are at a loss as to how we should proceed with this.

Pulte has really done a abysmal job and are refusing to resolve it.Disappointing.

Any help?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 19 Yes 19 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 12 #1126266

***. Depending on the type of mold you get, they could've killed you! What became of this?

0 0 Reply

Mar 30, 2014 #800118

You have a ten year structural warranty on your home! If this is structural defect. All Pulte Homes come with this warranty. I use to work for them. Write a letter to Mr. Pulte. I'm sure he would love to see the terrible work they do. He prides himself on family first. Start the letter out with my family trusted you with building our home. As a former employee I would never purchase a Pulte Home.

5 0 Reply

Oct 11 #1225390 Charlotte, North Carolina

i havr roof leak infeststipn abf black tocic - stscckt mold. hoavwont fix n ivevbren duagnosed w shortened lifr span due to severe immune disease. now my sutistic son is showing signs. i also have cracked foundation AC Plumbing and electrical problems there've been many class-action suits but I think another one needs to be done anybody with a puppy home in Charlotte North Carolina or surrounding areas is interested in class action or similar issues please right back on this site and then I well make contact number

0 0 Reply
bobby peru

Dec 08, 2013 #754720

the light gray material looks like epoxy used for retrofitting hold downs and I guess for filling voids in this case. If you have mold you need to look for leaks at windows etc. If you have water coming up from the slab you need to look outside for water problems, grading height and pitch etc.

2 1 Reply

Dec 08, 2013 #754711

1 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pulte Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pulte Homes.
Filing a new complaint about