I’d like to share my miserable experience with Pulte Home.This is specifically for their Onyx project at San Jose.

Long story short. I ordered a condo last year in June/2016. The move-in date on the contract says Feb/2017, but until today (May, 2017), that lot is not even breaking the ground. That's right -- I’m not saying that it’s not finished.

I’m saying that they did NOT EVEN BREAK THE GROUND after a year that I signed the contract! They claimed that they didn’t get the permit from Verizon to move the cell tower on that lot so they can’t break the ground! Shouldn’t you get the permit before you can pre-sale the house? Also, we didn’t get any single word/notification from them about the schedule delay in past year.

It’s always us who find out that there’s another delay again and again… What’s even worse is that the interest rate keeps rocketing high in the past few months, but we cannot lock the rate until the a month before the move-in date which is an unknown now. Until today that lot still looks THE SAME as the day we signed the contract an year back, and we still don’t know when it will start. The contract said they should finish the house in 2 years after signing the contract, but it didn’t say anything about if it can’t be finished on time. They said I can cancel the contract and they will refund my deposit.

But an year has passed and the house market is even higher now and I don’t have many choices…. They seem to prefer to have me cancelled since they can sell my house for even a higher price. On the other hand, in such kind of house market, I got almost no compensation either..

Question: It’s my first house and it’s never been so frustrated.I’m wondering whether there’s any way to protect myself legally, instead of sitting still hopelessly?

Review about: Pulte Homes House Construction.

Had an Experience with Pulte Homes?

Comments