1.4
Turnaround Time

Hi all. I would avoid Pulte Homes with every effort. I know there is always a degree of frustration with building a house, however, our experience has been like 5 months of dealing with a cheap, used car dealer. The house is getting ready for pre-dry wall inspection (was supposed to be first week of October), we have been dealing with large cracks in the block, they put one of the lag bolts through the main sewage drain in the foundation. They broke up the several feet of the foundation in that spot and then another few feet in an adjoining room for some reason. All of that during the middle of November, and nothing has changed since then. They have also not done anything about the construction folks smoking and just dropping the cigarette butts all over the house. In several places, the cigarette butts have almost caught fire and are leaving burn marks all over the flooring and framing. We have spoken numerous times to our Building Manager, and others above him. Nothing has been done. If any of you are interested in more details regarding a full list of the issues and actions, let me know. There are several builders in the subdivision, choose another. Building with Pulte is more heartache then it's worth.

So now it's 4/9/2018, we had a number of unaddressed items the day of closing. I was going to refuse to close on 3/30/2018, but was talked out of it by Carl (Chuck) Spires at Pulte. I should have known better. As of this date nothing has been fixed, they have reassigned both of the managers they had working on our house to a different neighborhood and have assigned yet another person. Below is the outstanding list as of today:

-- Still need extension cord for UC light in kitchen.

-- Paint spills on pavers on porch.

-- Yard is still terrible…can’t walk without risking a fall due to lumps and spaces between patches of sod.

-- Dead spots of sod in the lawn. (Large spots, not smalls ones that will fill over time.)

-- Small spot of missed silicone between horizontal and vertical granite pieces to left of fridge.

-- Silicone scribe molding and between cabinet and tub surround in master.

-- Floodlights on the back of the house are very loose and swing a lot when the wind blows.

-- Paint drips and smudges on the front doors and door glass.

-- Drywall issues:

-- 3 visible bulges/seams in the master bath, 1 in the back of the left master closet.

-- Visible corner metal in the window of the game room.

-- Corner metal seam on column in the master bedroom.

-- Patch job where tray joins ceiling in the master bedroom needs to be redone/blended.

-- Door to back bedroom still sticks, even after a screw was driven into door frame. Screw not covered/patched, and has caused a large separation at the 45 degree join.

-- Door frame heights in front bedroom are mis-aligned.

-- Wall switch for small bay garage opener doesn’t work.

-- Small garage door doesn’t seal properly all the way across the bottom, mis-aligned.

-- Still not convinced the epoxy on the garage floor was done correctly. I feel like I was told stories about it. Needs clear coat.

-- Still have not received paint touch up kit we were promised.

Other things to mention:

-- Overall sloppiness of paint. Trim paint on walls, wall paint on trim.

-- Window claddings have paint/drywall on them, promised they would be cleaned.

-- Floors were filthy when we moved in. Dust on everything that was never cleaned off (same non-dusty fingerprints for weeks), though we were told the house would be clean upon signing.

Keep in mind that during the month prior to closing, all of these items and more were presented and reviewed many times. They are not new. During that time, we also caught them removing tape from spots that marked needed repairs or fixes without fixing them multiple times.

I have also been talking to other people in the neighborhood that have built with Pulte and having the same or worse experience than we have.

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT build a home with Pulte in Starkey Ranch.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Lot.

I didn't like: Buyers like us undergoes unreasonable delays, Cheap materials used.

Comments

DualDiamondbackRattlesnake

There is now a place for customers of Pulte to share and collaborate. https://www.facebook.com/customersofpulte/